Already a member? Sign in
SOLV Outreach Coordinator
SOLV Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Hours per Week: 40
Exempt / Non-Exempt Position Exempt
Location: Based in the Portland Area – with some statewide travel
Closing Date: Open until filled
Starting Salary: Salary DOE/ Health, vision, dental, 403(b) option, initial two weeks of vacation, ten paid holidays, sick leave, Cafeteria 125 plan for un-reimbursed medical and child care expenses, heavily discounted athletic club membership, pre-tax TriMet tickets or pass
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter with subject: OUTREACH COORDINATOR to: Nancy Willmes at email@example.com. Finalist candidates will be asked to complete and sign a formal application form. SOLV recognizes the value of a diverse work force and encourages applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field and three years of experience or equivalent experience in the areas of volunteer outreach, training, program development and coordination.
Summary of Position and Responsibilities
The Outreach Coordinator is an integral part of SOLV’s Program Department and outreach efforts. The position oversees SOLV’s volunteer outreach plan and works to improve and coordinate the organization’s volunteer outreach efforts. The Outreach Coordinator recruits episodic volunteers for SOLV events, promotes participation in SOLV events to all Oregonians, and encourages giving to appropriate constituents. The position represents SOLV at public events and oversees similar activities for volunteers.
• Collaborate with program staff to identify recruitment and outreach needs and oversee volunteer outreach organization-wide.
• Recruit volunteers by email and by posting to volunteer websites, and over the phone for upcoming SOLV events statewide.
• Conduct outreach to non-sponsor businesses and organizations.
• Respond to general incoming inquiries from constituents by phone and email.
• Assist with implementation of SOLV events and activities.
• Process incoming requests for tabling and speaking opportunities.
• Build relationships and conduct community presentations and meetings.
• Oversee the SOLV Ambassador program.
• Work with the SOLV Development Department in identifying prospective donors to engage in giving opportunities.
• Oversee in-office volunteer activities.
• Deliver effective volunteer training.
• Other activities and projects as directed.
Abilities and Requirements
• Understanding and passion for SOLV’s mission.
• Excellent database management and data entry skills.
• Highly organized and self-directed.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage work flow.
• Ability to think on your feet and offer excellent customer service to incoming calls and emails.
• Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team structure and be self-directed.
• Some travel - valid driver’s license.
• Occasional evening, weekend, and outdoor work may be required.
• High comfort level and expertise in public speaking.
SOLV is committed to fostering an inclusive culture that engages and respects a diverse range of individuals in order to enrich our work. We recognize that this requires the involvement of Oregonians from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs to achieve our mission.