Already a member? Sign in
Journalism, Social Networking Intern
Who We Are
Earth Advantage Institute is a non-profit with a focus on literally changing the world for the better. This is not your parents’ non-profit. We are currently involved in inventing new solutions for the sustainably built environment as well as building tools to connect global leaders in this space. We have a strong history of certifying green homes and commercial buildings. Now we are leveraging that knowledge to create sophisticated tools and educational programs to further sustainable practices globally.
This is a unique opportunity to learn the breadth of the green building industry. You will interact with a wide variety of people in sustainable building, from builders and architects to utilities and energy efficiency experts. If you’re interested in growing your experience in home energy efficiency, green building, sustainability education as well as Earth Advantage, ENERGY STAR and LEED® certifications, this is the internship for you.
• Assist the Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) on public relations campaigns related to advocating our EPS Software and labeling, EAI certification, and EAI in general.
• Write blogs for our website, and external sites based on the teaching and experience we provide in the sustainable building industry.
• Persist conversations across a wide variety of social networking platforms and forums and learn how to interact with a national and global green culture.
• Assist in co-writing advertisements and articles
• Read white papers, alternative or opposing viewpoints, leading blogs, email newsletters, etc. to learn about current talking positions in the industry.
What You’ll Learn
• How to write skilled, targeted blogs that address green building issues and concerns
• How to developed focused social networking campaigns
• How to successfully reach out to journalists and industry experts
• The ethics of non-profit journalism
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (pdf/Word only):
• Cover letter detailing qualifications and suitability for this internship
• Internship application (attached below)
• Three professional references (can be provided upon request, if preferred)
Please note: Incomplete submissions will be disregarded
Submit application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: “Green Journalist – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
About Earth Advantage Institute:
Earth Advantage Institute is a nonprofit organization that works with the building industry to implement sustainable and energy efficient building practices. To learn more, visit the About Us page on our website.