YEA is not your typical summer camp, and our staff are not your typical summer camp staff. Quite possibly the best job in the world, counselors at our camps work with youth who are passionate about making a difference, and bring a level of experience, training, and positive energy and enthusiasm that makes our camps so extraordinary. Our campers and staff are amazing!
Each of our camp sessions are eight days long. The Portland camp is July 27-Aug 3. A four-day mandatory staff raining will take place prior to camp in Portland July 23-26.
Job Title: Development Director
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt (salaried)
Supervisor: Executive Director
Positions supervised: 2 – 4 employees
Pay range: $46,000-$65,000
Benefits: Full benefits (medical and dental insurance coverage; 3 weeks of
vacation accrual first year, 4 weeks per year thereafter; 12 days
sick leave accrual per year; 10 holidays per year)
Hours: 40 hrs week minimum
• 5-7 years experience in raising funds from a variety of sources including corporations, foundations, individuals and special events
This position will be active from April-October, with variable hours depending on month and need. June through August will average 30-40 hours per week, including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and possibly Mondays; April, May, September and October will average 8-30 hrs per week with schedule to be determined.
Wage is $12.50/hour, but may be higher dependent on experience.
Essential Functions (to include, but not limited to):
• Implement programs designed to move property managers and residents from knowledge to action.
• Distribute educational materials/promotional materials to property managers and residents.
• Work with communities to develop waste and energy reduction strategies.
• Work with the schools outreach coordinator to develop outreach materials and methods for reaching youth living in multifamily communities.
• Communicate with representatives of Energy Trust, PGE, and franchised solid waste collection companies.
CONFLUENCE AMERICORPS PROGRAM
Providing leadership and professional experiences to AmeriCorps members by partnering with local organizations that address critical, environmental needs in low-income and ethnically diverse communities. www.confluencecenter.org
Community Volunteer Coordinator
Oregon Environmental Council advances innovative, collaborative solutions to Oregon’s environmental challenges for
today and future generations. Founded in 1968, OEC has a history of securing environmental protections that support the
With ten years' experience teaching in formal and nonformal settings, great communication and organizational skills, a passion for sustainability and community leadership experience, I offer a unique skill set that will help your organization meet its mission and goals.